First Revision (Second Draft) of Essay Two OR Essay Three DIRECTIONS:
- Choose either your Essay Two or your Essay Three with plans to revise it, twice.
- You MUST revise the document that you originally shared with me for evaluation! (Note: revisions can be examined if you click on File and select Version history and then select See version history.)
- First, fix the issues that I addressed with you in our Mandatory Conference:
- Be sure to fix all errors marked by me, as well as to find and fix similar (unmarked) errors.
- Be sure to address content issues that I have highlighted and commented upon.
- Then expand the paper significantly (from 3-6 pages to 5-8 pages).
- Consider the ways that depth of thought might be improved (and there are always ways for this to be done) in each paragraph.
- If you have had to (further) develop the thesis statement, make sure that there are sentences in each paragraph that tie it clearly to that thesis statement.
- Finally, further polish the paper:
- Consider ways to more tightly unite the paragraphs together.
- Consider ways to make the introduction and thesis statement even more clearly tied to the essay body.
- Consider ways to develop depth of thought in the conclusion, without moving away from the focus of the paper.
- Proofread, several times, for writing and formatting errors!
NOTE: There is absolutely no guarantee that the revision grade will be higher than the original grade!