Expressions of Oppression
This topic is supplemental: for use in your essay work. It is your responsibility to research and provide complete bibliographic information on any of these works that you use in your paper!
You may have trouble accessing some of these works. If that happens:
- Go to the KSU Libraries home page.
- Copy and paste the title of the article you wish to find into the search box.
- Click on “Search”.
- Locate the article by its title.
- Click on the “Find It!” button.
- Select the periodical (newspaper, journal, etc.). Note: you may have to find the one to which KSU has access.
- Login to KSU Libraries with your Flashline username and password.
NOTE: If you continue to have trouble accessing any of the below links, please email me (email@example.com) right away!
- Understanding Oppression—Terminology
- Two Concepts of Oppression
- Beyond Adaptation: Decolonizing Approaches to Coping with Oppression
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- What the Utah Good-Nurse, Bad-Cop Video Says About Medical Privacy
- On the Utah Nurse Viral Video
- Patients’ Bill of Rights
- Souther Poverty Law Center Hate Map
- A Presumption of Guilt
- Rape Culture 101
- The Kissing Sailor, or “The Selective Blindness of Rape Culture”
- 25 Everyday Examples of Rape Culture
- My Family’s Slave
- What Is Human Trafficking?
- Defining Rape Culture
- I Used to Insist I Didn’t Get Angry. Not Anymore.
NOTE: Citation information for videos is usually provided at the start and/or the end of a video. To find more information for the Works Cited or References part of your paper, click on the YouTube icon at the bottom of the video.